Iran visa application update, June 24, 2016:
- These nationalities can visit Iran without any visa:
Syria (90 day visa), Turkey (90 days), Lebanon (15 days), Azerbaijan (15 days), Georgia (45 days), Bolivia (30 days) and Egypt (20 days). If they want to stay more, they can extend their visa while they are in Iran.
- These countries cannot visit Iran by visa on arrival and should get their visa beforehand: The US, Canada, Iraq, Colombia, Jordan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan
- The travel agencies cannot get visa invitation letter for Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan and Afghan nationalities and they should refer directly to the consulates for the application.
- Other nationalities can get the visa on arrival for 30 day stay in Iran.
- The American, British and Canadian passport holders still must travel to Iran within a guided tour through an eligible travel agency. So they cannot apply for a visa invitation letter through us without booking a trip.
According to the regulations of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a Tourist visa is issued for foreign nationals who are interested to travel to Iran individually or with a group for the purpose of visiting Iran, or their friends and relatives. This visa is issued for a maximum stay of 30 days with option of Extensions in Iran. The visa remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue.
Depending to your nationality and the consulate which you refer, it is possible to submit your documents and receive a visa after some days without any reference from Iran. But it can be a time-consuming or even fruitless attempt, specially when you are applying out of your country. Most consulates need an authorization letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran. Getting this authorization is the most important step in visa application and there is not much left when you have it. You will have your visa in 1 or 2 days.
1.Receiving the Authorization Code
After we receive your application form and the first page of your passport scan, the formal application will be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will go under the official procedure. The output will be an authorization letter which will be faxed to the Iranian Consulate which you have indicated in the form. We will give you this letter’s reference code with which you will be able to collect your visa. This code is only valid to the mentioned consulate and only for 3 months from the date of issue.
2. Collecting the Visa from The Consulate
Having the reference code, you will refer to the consulate with your passport (which must be valid for the next 6 months), the completed visa application form (which can be picked from the consulate or be downloaded from their website), 2 new passport size photos (with covered hair for ladies, at some consulates), the visa fee (which depends on your nationality) and the authorization reference code, (Always check the needed documents with the consulate, as there may be differences from one consulate to another.) You may also be able to send the documents and receive the visa by mail. Contact the consulate for more details. The procedure of submitting the documents and collecting the visa can be normally done in the same day.