Hamedan is one of the oldest cities in Iran, and some believe the world.
There is a daily flight from Tehran.
There are buses from Tehran and other major cities.
- Ali Sadr Cave – about 100km north of Hamedan lies this fascinating cave, best toured by pedal boat
- Avicenna (Abu Ali Sina) Ibn Sina mausoleum
- Baba Tahir Mausleum
- Gonbad-e Alavian
- Hamadan Stone Lion
- Shrine of Esther and Mordechai
- Estakhr e Abbas Abad (an over-the-hill lake with a magnificent view to the city.
- Nazari House
- Hamadan Museum of Natural History
- Excavated Ancient Ekbatana City
- Ester & Mordekhai tomb
- Mohammadi House