Question: My husband and I were thinking of coming for a short visit 2-3 days (over weekend) to Iran from Dubai. Teheran and Shiraz are our options as a local low budget air company flies to these 2 cities.
My questions are:
1. Which town you recommend for our first visit- Teheran or Shiraz
2. Do we need a guide we are there or can we just wonder around (we do not speak Farsi, just English and a bit of French)
3. What hotel would you recommend?
4. Any recommendations for the itinerary or things to see
Answer: 1. Shiraz is a rich historical city with lots of places worth visiting. Although Tehran has good and nice museums as well to visit like National Museum, and Jewelry Museum, in Shiraz you will be amazed by different varieties of highlights than Tehran.
2. It is recommended to hire a professional tour guide of uppersia.com to show you around as the guides have great amount of knowledge about the highlights you will visit.
3. For the hotels in Iran check this page: http://www.uppersia.com/Iran-travel-services/iran-hotel.html
4. The best well-organized itineraries of Iran are in this page: http://www.uppersia.com/Iran-tours