Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 4 large and firm tomatoes
- 250 grams of ground lamb or beef
- 100 grams of long-grain rice
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- cooking oil
- 3-4 teaspoons of tomato paste
- fresh lime juice, 2-3 spoons
- sugar, 2-3 teaspoons
- black pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup garlic chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup tarragon, finely chopped (optional)
Fry onions in cooking oil over medium heat until golden. Add ground meat and fry further until meat changes color. Add 1/2 cup water, salt, pepper and tomato paste. Mix and cook further until water boils off.
Fry prepared vegetables in cooking oil over medium heat until wilted. Boil two cups of water in a small pot. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and rice and boil further until rice softens. Drain the water and let cool slightly.
Cut a small circle at the tops of the tomatoes. Remove the contents of each tomato with a small spoon taking care not to make the outer layer thin. Sprinkle some salt inside the tomatoes. Mix prepared meat, vegetables and rice well. Fill the tomatoes with the mix and close the tops.
Pour 2-3 spoons of cooking oil in a pot and place the tomatoes inside without stacking. Do not add any water. Cook in the oven at low temperature for 15-20 minutes.