Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 500 grams of potatoes
- 250 grams ground lamb or beef
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- cooking oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 1 tomato (optional)
- 2 eggs
- black pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup garlic chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup tarragon, finely chopped (optional)
Fry onions in cooking oil over medium heat until golden. Add ground meat and fry further until meat changes color. Add 1/2 cup water, salt, pepper and tomato paste. Mix and cook further until water boils off. Fry prepared vegetables in cooking oil over medium heat until wilted. Mix well meat and vegetables.
Cook potatoes in water, then peel and mash them. Add raw eggs, salt and black pepper, and mix well.
Take a handful of potato-mix and shape it into a ball, then create a hole in the middle and fill with the meat-mix. Cover with some more potato-mix and shape into a disc. Repeat until both mixes are used up. Fry both sides of the discs in cooking oil over medium heat until golden. Can be served with slices of tomatos and bits of parsley.