Question: I would like to visit Iran for 10-14 days and travel time is the easiest for me to get in the summer months (late June - early September). I would like to travel to Central Iran and possibly to northwestern Iran.
1) How bearable the weather is in central and nw iran in the summer months;
2) Suggestions on itinerary and Iran visa (I am from the U.S.).
3) In checking for flights with Expedia, etc both from the U.S. to Tehran as well as from London, AMS, etc, I am finding nothing. Any suggestions as to carrriers / transportation from the U.S.
1. In summer the south can be intolerable, the center is tolerable. A few hours a day is possible to spend out in the sun but you should wear protective clothes and drink plenty. On the other hand, the evenings and nights are truly marvelous with incredible star speckled skies. The northwest is fine but the north - i e the Caspian region is humid and hot with frequent cooling downpours.
2. Check the cheapest Iran tours at http://www.uppersia.com/Iran-tours
For the visa to Iran you have to fill in the visa form on http://www.uppersia.com/Iran-travel-services/iran-visa.html, it takes about 10 working days to get your reference number and two working days to collect your visa at the embassy by direct referral or one working week by posting the docs to the embassy. You can pay the visa fee in cash in Iran.
3. For flight booking check http://www.uppersia.com/Iran-transport-services/iran-flight-ticket-booking-service.html